Pakistan is a democratic country run on the principles of Islam. Did you know Pakistan’s national drink is the sugarcane juice? Learn more interesting facts about Pakistan in this list.
1. Pakistan is officially called the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
2. The name Pakistan was derived from two words Pak and Stan which means ‘land of the pure’ in the Urdu language.
3. The total land area of Pakistan is 796,095 km².
4. Pakistan shares a land border with Afghanistan, India, Iran, and China.
5. Islamabad is the capital of Pakistan and 9th largest city in the country.
6. The largest city of Pakistan is named Karachi and it is the financial hub of the Pakistan.
7. Pakistan became independent from the British Indian Empire in 1947.
8. The national language of Pakistan is Urdu.
9. The official currency of Pakistan is the Pakistani rupee.
10. Pakistan’s national sport is field hockey.
11. The national cricket team of Pakistan won the Cricket World Cup in 1992.
12. The national drink of Pakistan is Sugarcane juice.
13. Sialkot in Pakistan is the largest producer of football in the world.
14. Pakistan is the first Islamic country to attain nuclear power.
15. The Karakoram Highway is the highest paved international road.
16. Pakistan has the world’s largest canal-based irrigation system.
17. Pakistan is the world’s sixth-most-populous country.
18. MM Alam, an Air Commodore from Pakistan, is known to have shot five planes in less than a minute during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965.
19. The voting age in Pakistan is 18 years old.
20. The Tharparkar desert is the only fertile desert in the world located in Sindh province.
21. The ‘Khewra Salt Mine’ is the oldest and largest salt mine in the world.
22. Pakistan has the eleventh-largest armed force in the world.
23. According to Institute of European Business Administration’s poll results, Pakistanis are the fourth-most intelligent people in the world.
24. The world’s longest glacial system is the Biafo Glacier.
25. The world’s largest earth-filled dam is the ‘Tarbela Dam’.
26. Changa Manga is world’s largest and first man-made forest in Pakistan.
27. Mango is the national fruit of Pakistan.
28. Pakistan’s Republic Day or “Pakistan Day” is celebrated on 23rd March.
29. The markhor is the national animal of Pakistan.
30. The Shah Faisal Mosque in Pakistan was the largest mosque in the world from 1986 until 1993.
31. After Turkey, Pakistan is the only Muslim country to open Combat Jobs for women.
32. The national flower of Pakistan is the Jasmine.
33. Gwadar in Pakistan is the world’s largest deep sea port.
34. Chukar partridge is the national bird of Pakistan.
35. Muhammad Ilyas is the youngest civil judge in the world.
36. Over 68% of Pakistan’s energy is generated from fossil fuels.
37. Benazir Bhutto became the first female Prime Minister of Pakistan.
38. Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden was killed by US Special Forces on May 2, 2011, in Abbottabad, Pakistan.
39. Pakistan’s national anthem has been ranked one of the best anthems in the world.
40. Pakistan is the world’s leading manufacturer of best jet fighters.