Honduras is a country that is bordered by Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala, the Caribbean Sea, the Gulf of Honduras and the Gulf of Fonseca, also is the only country to touch four Central America countries borders. Learn other interest Honduras facts in this list.
1. Honduras in the Spanish word means ‘depths’.
2. Honduras is a republic in Central America.
3. Honduras is the second-largest country in Central America.
4. The population of Honduras is around 8,326,125 in 2017.
5. Honduras has a total area of 112,492 square kilometers.
6. According to the WHO, life expectancy in Honduras is 74.6 years old.
7. The official language of Honduras is Spanish.
8. The capital city of Honduras is Tegucigalpa which has an area of 201.5 square kilometers.
9. The Honduran Lempira is the official currency.
10. Christopher Columbus first discovered Honduras in 1502.
11. Honduras is the only country that touches four of the Central America countries.