Did you know babies are born without kneecaps and also that have significantly more tastebuds than an adult? Learn this and more Baby Facts on the list below.
1. The heaviest baby born was a boy weighing 22 pounds and 8 ounces. He was born in Italy in 1955.
2. Unlike adults, babies are born with 300 bones.
3. Babies are born without kneecaps.
4. During the nine months of the gestation period, the weight of a baby increases a whopping 3 million times.
5. A fetus develops his unique fingertips at the age of three months.
6. When the baby is in the womb, he uses one hand more than the other.
7. The brain waves of the babies can begin recording after 42 days of the conception.
8. Newborn babies can see just black and white colors for the first few months of their life.
9. Babies react to their mother’s laughter by bouncing up and down.
10. Neuroscientists say that babies don’t dream for the first few years of their life.
11. There is a 20-month old baby that became the youngest professional soccer player in the world.
12. Studies suggest that premature babies are more likely to be left-handed.
13. At medieval times, leeches were used to treat baby’s illnesses.
14. The intestine of a newborn is around 11 feet long.
15. Babies who are born two weeks premature do not sweat at all, even if the weather is too warm.
16. Babies forget everything that they lived and experienced in the first three years of their life. Neuroscientists call it ‘infantile amnesia’.
17. By the age of two, a baby would have changed approximately 73000 times.
18. At the time of birth, a baby’s brain is made of more than 10 million nerve cells.
19. A Russian peasant woman from years 1725 to 1765 gave birth to seven sets of triplets, 16 set of twins and four sets of quadruplets.
20. A baby cannot taste salt until it is 4 months old.
21. Newborns are more likely to turn their head to the right than to the left.
22. The protein that keeps a baby’s skull from fusing is called “noggin.”
23. A newborn urinates about every 20 minutes and then roughly every hour at 6 months.
24. Stevie Wonder, Johannes Kepler, Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton, Mark Twain, and Sir Winston Churchill are famous premature babies.
Source: Media Source